My Fifth Grader

Today was the first day of 5th Grade for Nik. I'll keep saying it over and over again - I can't believe how much my oldest has grown. Its a miracle before my very eyes. He is turning 11 this year and has become quite a young gentleman. He's recently developed a love for the guitar and like most boys his age is fascinated by music. Of course, as he grows into his adolesence, it is becoming less and less cool to have mom and dad bring you to school and it is especially uncool for mom to be taking pictures of you and your friends with her huge intruding zoom lens. So here are some pics of Nik's new classroom, new teacher and of him reconnecting with his friends. Sorry Nik, but I love you so much and want to capture every milestone because time flies too fast.