The Holidays in Bed? Oh Man!

Hey there! We wanted to send you all a quick update. I just returned home from an eventful doctor visit.

I had a funny feeling last night that something was going on because I was feeling very different contractions and some weird pulling sensation down south. Two weeks ago at my last doctor visit I was 1cm dilated, but uneffaced. She told me to slow down and to take it easy. What? Slow down and take it easy? Me? Impossible!

Anyway, today, I am still at 1cm, uneffaced, but the doctor says my cervix is very very soft. This is not so good since technically I have 6 weeks to go until my due date. So, she basically told me she was locking me in the dungeon and handcuffing me to my bed. I have to stay put especially since both Nik and Zak arrived 3 weeks early. Currently I’m at 34 weeks and 2 days. So effective today I’m on bed rest until at least the first week of January.

My doctor then sent me for monitoring. Since I’m only at 34 weeks she is giving me two steroid shots to promote baby’s lung development. Before the shot she hooked me up to the machine and of course, it was discovered that I was having contractions. Annika’s heart rate was very good but my contractions on their machine would spike at 45. The OB resident said on this machine the contractions are usually high at 60. I never reached 60 but in the 30 minutes I was hooked up to the machine I had 3 contractions at 45. Dr. Rivera said I definitely needed the steroid shot and she also gave me a shot of medication to relax the contractions.

Needless to say, I’ll be home for at least the next two weeks spending most of my time in bed. Yes, holidays in bed! But at least I’m home and I can be with family. The Dacumos’s are in town to spend the holidays with us so even if I’m on bed rest, I’m surrounded by lots of love and laughs with family.

We do miss you all though that are there in the US and wish you the happiest of holidays and a very special New Year! Please keep me and Baby Annika in your prayers. We’ll keep you posted on any progress.

Love ya.

Kristine & Raffy